2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
5 tablespoons shortening
4 tablespoons ice water
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 cup plus 1 teaspoon sugar, divided
2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons quick-cooking tapioca
1 tablespoon lemon juice
4 cups fresh marionberries or blackberries
1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
1/2 teaspoon almond extract
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
1. In a large bowl, mix flour, sugar and salt; cut in butter and shortening until crumbly. Gradually add ice water and lemon juice, tossing with a fork until dough holds together when pressed. Divide dough in half. Shape each into a disk; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, mix 1 cup sugar, tapioca and lemon juice. Add berries; toss to coat. Let stand 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 425°. On a lightly floured surface, roll one half of dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to a 9-in. pie plate. Trim pastry to 1/2 in. beyond rim of plate.
3. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and extracts; spread over prepared crust. Top with berry mixture.
4. Roll out remaining dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; cut into 1/2-in.-wide strips. Arrange over filling in a lattice pattern. Trim and seal strips to edge of bottom pastry; flute edge. Brush lattice strips with cream; sprinkle with remaining sugar.
5. Bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven setting to 350°; bake 50-60 minutes longer or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. (Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary.) Cool on a wire rack.